Thursday, July 18, 2013

Washi Tape, Washi Tape, Every Where, Nor Any Piece to Use

This heat and humidity is something else! It reminds me of our trip last summer to Charleston, South Carolina.  It was so hot that Celia's crayons melted! Yesterday we went to Michael's for the kid craft session.  She made a very creative pyramid.  We left and went to JoAnns.  When we came out the pyramid had fallen - thanks to the heat melting the glue.  :-( Oh well, luckily this mom has plenty of glue dots and hot glue sticks! We will repair it!!



I must admit that I am a bit irritable.  The heat is a contributing factor.  We are busily getting ready for Della's high school graduation party (which is Sunday). My craft studio floor is in progress.  It will be finished by Saturday.  But, all my crafting supplies are in boxes and bags.  I can't get to anything.  I ordered some new supplies from the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog - but they won't be here until next Tuesday! Thank heavens for Starbucks and their treat receipt! This is my second visit today! I think the iced chai latte is doing the trick.

On to stamping! So, what is washi tape? I have seen it everywhere - craft stores and our own catalog.  I have yet to use it myself. (I know, I am a little late to the party.  I usually wait a bit to see if something is here for a while or a flash in the pan fad.) Hence, it is in my order that I am patiently (okay, not so patiently) waiting on to arrive. Since I don't have it on hand, I decided to hit the Web to get a description.

Katie Kuvalla at www.sheknows.com tells us that it originally came from Japan and is not to be confused with wasabi (the condiment or the restaurant!). It is normally made from the bark of trees, as well as hemp and bamboo.  It can even be as strong as some duct tape, with the feel of masking tape.  Interesting.  I can't wait to see what ours is like! I am not sure how I will use mine. I guess it is a wait and play experiment. (I am not posting pictures of Stampin' Up! washi tape because I think that might be against some copyright law.) You can look at the catalog online here to view the Stampin' Up! washi offerings.

I will post pictures next week as soon as I get my order.  I am pretty excited.  You receive three coordinating rolls for just $4.95! There are two sets in the Idea Book and Catalog.  There are also a couple of sets in the Holiday 2013 catalog (which you can view starting August 1).

So next week, I will post pictures of cards or other projects using the washi tape.  I will also show you how to make your own washi tape!  But, cleaning is calling my name.  I only have a couple of days left to get rid of my cluttered disaster that surrounds my desk.

So, stay cool! I hear some relief is on the way.

Apparently I am jumping on the washi tape river. And I am looking forward to adding a new element to my papercrafts! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment